Friday, February 11, 2011

Tall Ships Race 2011 Shetland - Fair Isle Harbour - North Haven

 
Traditional ship from Norway with a young Fair Islander as a member of the crew.

Fair Isle is the 2nd busiest international port in Shetland.
Surpassed only by Lerwick, most private yachts sailing between Shetland & Orkney stop to explore our Fair Isle. I have seen flags flown aboard yachts from all over the world... Scotland, England, Norway, Finland, Germany, France, Spain, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. even sea-less Switzerland.

Fair Isle is an official free harbor for the Tall Ships Race 2011 this Summer in Shetland.
The Islanders are planing a Beach Party and I think it unwise to miss it.

link to Tall Ships Race 2011

http://www.tallshipsraceslerwick.com/
Link to Tall Ships Race Fair Isle info:



The Swan and the Good Shepherd - North Haven Pier & Harbour - Fair Isle
The Swan - Restored Classic Shetland Fishing Boat - Good Shepherd - Fair Isle's Ferry & Freight Boat

The one of the busiest days I have ever seen the "Havens"
I have seen 16-18 private yachts moored one evening last summer


and there is sand!


1 comment:

  1. If I wasnt going to Tanzania on the 26th I would have loved to have been on Fair isle for the Tall Ships!
    I went on a Tall Ships Race in 1977.When I was in charge of the Sixth Form I used to send students on STA Sail Training jounrney's - a brilliant experience!
    Have a brilliant party(ies) I remember the parties in Oslo!

    ReplyDelete